Nothing screams fall like a heat bowl of Pumpkin Oatmeal. Add steel-cut oats, pumpkin puree, almond milk, and a few autumnal spices into your gradual cooker, and let the magic occur over 8 hours.
There’s something about oatmeal within the fall that makes breakfast a lot extra cozy. I like love love this gradual cooker metal lower oatmeal variation a lot. It’s made with hearty steel-cut oats and your entire favourite fall flavors.
Making metal lower oats within the gradual cooker is really easy as a result of the gradual cooker does all of the work! As soon as the whole lot is cooked you possibly can retailer it within the fridge for your entire week or serve a crowd.
What You Want for Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Metal-Lower Oats: For a hearty texture.
- Almond Milk: Unsweetened and plain, it’s your dairy-free base.
- Pumpkin Puree: For that unmistakable fall taste.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: A spice combine that embodies the season.
- Maple Syrup: For a contact of pure sweetness.
- Craisins: For a candy and tart distinction.
- Toppings: Pecans, Cashew Butter, and additional Craisins.
Variations and Substitutions
- Milk Choices: Be at liberty to sub in oat milk, coconut milk, or common dairy milk.
- Sweeteners: Swap maple syrup with honey or agave nectar.
- Spices: Use particular person spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for those who’re out of pumpkin pie spice.
Stovetop Instructions: No gradual cooker? No drawback! Use a 1:3 oat-to-liquid ratio and simmer on low warmth for 25-Half-hour, stirring often.
Immediate Pot Instructions: Place all elements into your Immediate Pot, shut, and seal. Prepare dinner on excessive for 10 minutes with a fast launch. It can take a while in your strain cooker to warmth up, however it’ll ultimately begin counting down from 10.
Can I take advantage of old style oats?
Completely! Modify the cooking time to round 1.5-2 hours within the gradual cooker.
Is that this pumpkin oatmeal vegan?
Sure, so long as you employ plant-based milk and ensure your maple syrup is vegan.
Can I add extra protein to this recipe?
Add chia seeds, hemp seeds, or perhaps a scoop of your favourite protein powder for a protein increase.
This pumpkin oatmeal recipe shops superbly within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Place it in an hermetic container and reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave once you’re able to dive again in.
We cherished topping this oatmeal with nut butter reminiscent of cashew or peanut butter. Dried fruit reminiscent of cranberries or elevating can be scrumptious. Final, strive including nuts like pecans and even granola for an epic crunch!
- Cashew Butter
Place all elements in a gradual cooker and blend effectively.
Flip the gradual cooker to low and cook dinner for 8 hours OR flip the gradual cooker to excessive and cook dinner for 4 hours. When you cook dinner your oats on excessive, we suggest stirring each hour.
High with pecans, cashew butter, and crasins.
Get pleasure from!
Ideas & Notes
- The ratio of regular metal lower oats to liquid is 1:5. So for each cup of metal lower oats you employ, you want 5 cups of liquid.
- Stovetop Instructions: No gradual cooker? No drawback! Use a 1:3 oat-to-liquid ratio and simmer on low warmth for 25-Half-hour, stirring often.
- Immediate Pot Instructions: Place all elements into your Immediate Pot, shut, and seal. Prepare dinner on excessive for 10 minutes with a fast launch. It can take a while in your strain cooker to warmth up, however it’ll ultimately begin counting down from 10.
Energy: 279kcal Carbohydrates: 23g Protein: 7g Fats: 2g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 25g