Hmm pozole…a thick wealthy stew made with hominy kernels, topped with avocados, radishes, and cilantro. This conventional thick soup referred to as pozole verde (inexperienced pozole), which dates again to Mayan meals traditions, is well known in Mexican foodways. What was pozole fabricated from? Additionally referred to as posole, this soup is often made with pork, however on this plant-based (vegan) model I’ve traded the pork for cauliflower and chickpeas. However the taste profile stays true to the standard pozole verde flavors of onions, garlic, cumin, jalapeno, oregano, cilantro, and lime. This scrumptious gluten-free recipe for Vegetarian Pozole Verde comes collectively in half-hour, and it’s primarily based on simple pantry gadgets you may retailer—canned hominy, chickpeas, and broth—together with a couple of recent gadgets, like cauliflower and the toppings, which embrace sliced radishes, avocado, and recent cilantro. Serve it with corn tortillas and you’ve got a balanced meal in a single!
I’m actually enamored with Mexican meals traditions, having lived in California for many of my life. I like this scrumptious, plant-based approach of consuming, primarily based on the sunny flavors of corn, beans, rice, tomatoes, avocados, citrus, herbs, and spices. But, I’m not a real skilled of Mexican foodways. Take a look at the work of registered dietitian Kristen Linares, who’s an skilled in Mexican and Latin American meals tradition, to be taught extra about Mexican delicacies.
Watch me make this recipe on Instagram right here.
This gluten-free Vegetarian Pozole Verde is predicated on conventional Mexican flavors on this hearty stew, which has a recent addition of cauliflower and chickpeas. You may get it on the desk in half-hour for a wholesome, scrumptious one-dish meal.
- In a big pot or Dutch oven, warmth olive oil over medium warmth.
- Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cauliflower and sauté for five minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, hominy, chickpeas, vegetable broth, and salt (elective). Stir properly, cowl, and simmer for 20 minutes, till greens are tender. Could add further water if combination is just too thick (it ought to be the feel of a thick stew).
- Serve in bowls and prime with recent cilantro, lime wedges, avocado slices, and radish slices.
- Makes 6 servings (1 3/4 cups every).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Class: Soup
- Delicacies: American, Mexican
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 301
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1006 mg
- Fats: 10 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 10 g
Key phrases: posole, vegan posole, vegan soup, wholesome vegan soup, wholesome posole recipe
Strive a few of my different plant-based stew recipes right here:
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.