These tasty, crunchy Baked Tacos are good for a crowd. Deliciously seasoned shredded hen is stuffed into laborious taco shells with a flavorful sauce that includes black beans, inexperienced chilis, and contemporary tomatoes. The tacos are then topped with shredded cheese and baked to a crisp.
Simple Baked Tacos Recipe With Hen
My oven baked tacos are such a simple method to get dinner on the desk and it’s why I hold coming again to this recipe week after week. Tender shredded hen seasoned with a mix of cumin and smoked paprika is nestled inside crispy laborious taco shells together with black beans, contemporary diced tomatoes, inexperienced chilies, and salsa. The tacos are topped with a beneficiant portion of Mexican mix shredded cheese and baked till crunchy and melty. Topped with some guacamole and served together with your favourite margarita, these goodies are price making many times.
Why You’ll Love This Taco Recipe
- Taste. With juicy hen, spicy chilis, taco seasoning, and contemporary tomatoes, each chunk of those tacos is tremendous tasty.
- Texture. I really like the juxtaposition of the crunchy shell and the tender, saucy hen.
- Customizable. You’ll be able to simply tailor the filling on this recipe to suit your wants and style preferences.
- Nice for a crowd. You’ll be able to double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd.
Components For Baked Tacos
- Hen thighs: Hen breasts or hen tenders would additionally do the trick.
- Cumin: Provides a heat taste with a touch of citrus.
- Smoked paprika: Imparts a smoky aroma and wealthy shade to the hen.
- Onion & Garlic: Add a candy and savory depth to the elements.
- Onerous taco shells: Get these – they’ve a flat backside so that they stand upright within the pan.
- Olive oil: Used for sautéing
- Diced inexperienced chilis: Introduce a light spicy kick and zesty taste.
- Tomatoes: You may as well use drained canned tomatoes as an alternative.
- Chunky salsa: Choose your salsa primarily based on what you want.
- Taco seasoning: You’ll want 1 (1-oz.) packet or 2 tablespoons.
- Canned black beans drained: You may use do-it-yourself black beans if you need.
- Mexican-style shredded cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese or pepper Jack are okay to make use of.
The way to Make Baked Tacos
- Make the shredded hen. Season the hen thighs and switch them to the Immediate Pot. Stir within the garlic, onion, water, and olive oil and cook dinner on excessive stress for 12 minutes, adopted by a 10-minute pure launch. Switch the hen to a reducing board and shred it.
- Bake the shells. Preheat the oven to 400˚F and bake the shells for 4 minutes in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Make the filling. Warmth the olive oil and saute the onions. Add the garlic; stir within the inexperienced chilis, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Convey the sauce to a boil after which simmer for five minutes; stir within the black beans and shredded hen.
- Fill the taco shells. Divide the filling evenly between the taco shells and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake. Bake for 10 minutes. Garnish with guacamole, bitter cream, some sliced jalapenos, and serve.
Recipe Suggestions & Variations
- Bake the hen. No Immediate Pot? Use my recipe for range high hen thighs.
- Pre-bake the taco shells. In order for you crunchy tacos, don’t skip pre-baking the taco shells.
- Keep away from soggy tacos. When filling the tacos, depart extra moisture within the pan.
- Spice or not. For much less warmth, use fewer inexperienced chilis and gentle salsa. Spice lovers, amp it up with scorching salsa, additional inexperienced chilis, jalapeños, or extra taco seasoning.
- Change of protein. Substitute the hen with floor or shredded beef. You may even attempt shrimp.
What to Serve with These Tacos
- Fridge. As soon as the tacos have cooled to room temperature, seal them in an hermetic container and retailer them within the fridge for as much as 4 days or freeze for as much as 3 months.
- To reheat. Prepare the tacos in a baking dish, cowl them with aluminum foil, and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or till heated by means of.
Extra Taco Recipes To Attempt
For the hen
Load the moment pot. Season the hen thighs with salt, cumin, and paprika, and switch it to the moment pot. Add the garlic, onion, water, and olive oil. Give every little thing a stir.
Prepare dinner. Shut the lid of the Immediate Pot and cook dinner on excessive stress for 12 minutes. Permit the stress to naturally launch for 10 minutes earlier than releasing manually.
Shred. Use a slotted spoon to switch the hen to a reducing board. Shred the hen and put aside. Discard the remaining contents of the moment pot.
For the tacos
Prep. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Pre-bake the shells. Whereas the hen is cooking, organize the taco shells open aspect up in a single layer within the baking dish and bake for 4 minutes. Take away them from the oven and put aside, leaving the taco shells within the baking pan.
Sauté the veggies. Warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth in a big, heavy-bottomed skillet. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté for 3 minutes or till translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 15 seconds.
Make the filling. Add the chopped inexperienced chilis, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning to the pan. Stir the sauce and produce it to a light-weight boil. Cut back the warmth to low and let the sauce simmer for five minutes. Stir within the black beans and the hen and take away from the warmth.
Fill the taco shells. Divide the filling evenly between the taco shells. They are going to be full to the brim. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tacos.
Bake. Bake within the oven for 10 minutes or till the cheese is melted.
Serve. Take away from oven, garnish together with your favourite taco toppings, and serve.
- Hen Possibility: No Immediate Pot available? You’ll be able to bake the hen utilizing my easy recipe for range high hen thighs.
- Crunch Issue: Pre-bake these taco shells if you’d like that good crunch.
- Maintain it Crisp: Drain additional moisture earlier than stuffing your tacos to dodge that dreaded sogginess.
- Warmth Management: Maintain the filling gentle and use much less inexperienced chilis and gentle salsa, or flip up the warmth with a fiery salsa, extra chilis, jalapeños, and/or an additional sprint of taco seasoning.
- Protein Swap: Feeling beefy? Change out the hen for cooked floor or shredded beef, and even take a seafood route with sauteed shrimp!
Serving: 2 tacos | Energy: 526 kcal | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Protein: 34 g | Fats: 25 g | Saturated Fats: 9 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 119 mg | Sodium: 2583 mg | Potassium: 869 mg | Fiber: 11 g | Sugar: 6 g | Vitamin A: 1396 IU | Vitamin C: 26 mg | Calcium: 334 mg | Iron: 5 mg | Internet Carbs: 32 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could range in line with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.