This corn pasta is deliciously creamy…with none cream! Blended corn creates the sauce’s luscious texture. Contemporary basil takes it excessive.
This corn pasta recipe is late summer time in a bowl. Similar to the season, it feels transitional. Whereas it’s bursting with contemporary, summery produce like candy corn and basil, it’s additionally creamy and comforting, suggestive of all the comfortable fare we’ve got coming our approach this fall.
To make clear—after I say that this corn pasta is creamy, I don’t imply that it’s made with precise cream. The luscious texture comes from the corn itself! It blends right into a silky sauce that fantastically coats the pasta. Extra corn kernels keep entire for crunch, whereas basil and pecorino cheese add depth of taste.
All the dish comes along with 11 substances in beneath half-hour. In case you’re on the lookout for a straightforward, scrumptious recipe to make to have a good time the top of summer time, this creamy corn pasta is it.
Corn Pasta Recipe Elements
Right here’s what you’ll want to make this corn pasta recipe:
- Corn, after all! You’ll want 3 cups contemporary corn kernels, from about 4 ears. I extremely suggest making this recipe whereas candy corn is in season, however in a pinch, frozen corn will work right here too.
- Pasta – I like to make use of medium shells as a result of they seize the crisp corn kernels and creamy sauce. Orecchiette would even be scrumptious. To make this recipe gluten-free, use your favourite gluten-free pasta.
- Shallots and garlic – For savory depth of taste.
- Further-virgin olive oil – For sautéing the greens.
- Contemporary lemon juice – It provides brightness and acidity to the sauce.
- Pecorino cheese – It thickens the sauce and provides wealthy, umami taste. In case you don’t have pecorino, Parmesan cheese works too!
- Contemporary basil leaves – Their daring, citrusy taste makes this pasta style like summer time.
- Purple pepper flakes – For warmth.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Find out how to Make Corn Pasta
This corn pasta recipe is fast and straightforward to make!
Begin by cooking the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water till al dente. I usually cease on the low finish of the time vary on the package deal instructions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the starchy pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Toss it with a drizzle of olive oil to forestall sticking.
In the meantime, sauté the greens. Warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the corn kernels, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till the shallot has softened and the corn is tender and vivid yellow, about 5 minutes.
Subsequent, make the sauce. Switch half the corn combination to a blender and pour in 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water. Add the lemon juice and puree till clean.
Then, pour the corn puree again into the skillet. Add the cooked pasta and toss to mix, warming it over low warmth. Add the cheese and one other 1/4 cup pasta water, and stir till the cheese melts into the sauce. In case you like, add extra pasta water to loosen the sauce to your required consistency.
Lastly, season to style with extra salt, pepper, lemon juice, and/or cheese, as desired. Fold in half the basil, and garnish with the remaining basil and sprinkles of pink pepper flakes.
Take pleasure in! Be at liberty to serve the pasta with extra cheese on prime. 🙂
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Corn Pasta Recipe Suggestions
- Boil the pasta till it’s simply al dente. It’ll cook dinner extra within the skillet with the sauce. In case you go a lot previous al dente on the preliminary boil, it may get too tender and mushy in a while.
- Don’t pour out the pasta water! Starchy and salty, it’s like liquid gold. On this recipe, it helps the corn mix right into a clean puree, then loosens that puree right into a creamy sauce that frivolously coats the pasta. Be sure to order at the very least 1 1/2 cups earlier than draining the pasta.
- Mix, mix, mix. I like this corn pasta finest when the sauce is tremendous clean. Be sure to mix nicely to eliminate any graininess from the corn.
This creamy corn pasta is a superb summer time dinner. Spherical out the meal with a easy vegetable aspect dish like roasted zucchini, grilled zucchini, grilled tomatoes, or lemony inexperienced beans, or serve a salad on the aspect. Any of those recipes could be an important alternative:
Find out how to Retailer Corn Pasta
This recipe is finest on the day it’s made, however leftovers maintain nicely in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the microwave or on the range with a splash of water to loosen the sauce. It thickens within the fridge.
Extra Favourite Corn Recipes
In case you love this creamy corn pasta dish, attempt one among these corn recipes subsequent:
Creamy Corn Pasta
This creamy corn pasta recipe is a scrumptious summer time dinner! Made with out cream or butter, the sauce will get it luscious texture from blended candy corn. Extra entire corn kernels add crunch.
Stop your display from going darkish
Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Put together the pasta based on the package deal directions, cooking till al dente. Reserve 1½ cups of the starchy pasta cooking water earlier than draining.
Warmth the olive oil in a big, deep skillet over medium warmth. Add the corn kernels, shallots, garlic, salt, and a number of other grinds of pepper and cook dinner for five minutes, or till the shallot has softened and the corn is tender and vivid yellow. Flip off the warmth.
Switch half the corn combination to a blender and add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and the lemon juice. Puree till clean.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the veggies and warmth over low warmth. Add the corn puree and stir to coat the pasta, then add the cheese and one other ¼ cup pasta water and stir till the cheese melts into the sauce. Add extra pasta water as wanted to loosen the sauce to your liking.
Season to style and fold in half the basil. Garnish with the remaining basil, sprinkle with pink pepper flakes, and serve.