If you realize me, you realize I’m a biiiig fan of flavorful, fascinating, and FUN sandwiches. In reality, the entire AK staff just about does backflips over sandwiches. Have you ever checked out our information for the finest sandwiches in Chicago? They’re a must-try in the event you’re within the metropolis.
However let’s get again to home made sandwiches. Ones you’ll be able to construct with each distinctive topping yow will discover in your fridge or pantry. Ones like this final spicy cheddar apple sandwich with pickled jalapeños (sure) and kettle chips (OMG sure).
This sandwich is the proper combo of candy, savory, spicy, crunchy, and veggie-packed. It’s every thing I craved throughout my newest being pregnant with child Lachlan, and am nonetheless craving even simply 6 days postpartum. Though this lovely sandwich is vegetarian, it nonetheless packs 15g of protein and can preserve you full and happy after lunch! In fact, I included tons of straightforward methods to customise this apple cheese sandwich, together with including additional protein. Pile it excessive and keep in mind to depart a remark after you do this wonderful combo!
Elements within the excellent cheddar apple sandwich
We’re taking an everyday apple cheese sandwich and dressing it up with recent greens, candy & spicy toppings, and naturally, potato chips for that impossible to resist crunch. Right here’s every thing you’ll must make it:
- Bread: I like good toasty sourdough bread, however be happy to make use of any bread you’d like for this sandwich!
- Produce: we’re piling this sandwich excessive with sliced pink onion, Honeycrisp apple, and zippy arugula.
- Pickled jalapeños: the kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños is simply *cooks kiss*.
- Sauce: I like so as to add sweetness and tang from honey and grainy dijon mustard.
- Cheese: can’t overlook that sharp cheddar cheese for scrumptious savory taste.
- Kettle chips: who doesn’t love chips on their sandwich?! I like including kettle potato chips for the last word crunch and salty chew.
Customise your sandwich
You’ll be able to really make this cheddar apple sandwich your personal with components you will have readily available. Listed here are some nice methods to customise it:
- For the bread: as I discussed, be happy to make use of your favourite bread to make the sandwich. Hold it gluten free with a gluten free loaf, or be happy to wrap all of it up in your favourite tortilla or collard wrap!
- For the cheese: that is technically an apple cheddar sandwich, however you should utilize any cheese you’d like. I believe pepper jack would add the proper additional kick.
- For the chips: have enjoyable including in your favourite chips! I opted for normal kettle potato chips due to all the flavors happening within the sandwich, however cheddar Solar Chips or a spicy potato chip can be scrumptious.
- For the sauce: not a mustard fan? Swap in some mayo (possibly a chipotle mayo?!) as an alternative! You can additionally use scorching honey for extra warmth.
- For the produce: spinach can be an amazing swap for arugula, and I believe creamy avocado would make an exquisite addition. You’ll be able to, after all, use any sort of apple you’d like on this sandwich!
A simple vegan possibility
Be at liberty to make use of your favourite vegan cheese slice or just go away the cheese off of the sandwich. It is going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
Not a fan of spice?
No worries! Merely omit the pickled jalapeños. This may make the cheese and apple sandwich kid-friendly, too!
Add your fav proteins
You’ll be able to completely enhance protein or burn up some additional meat out of your fridge in the event you’d like! Be at liberty so as to add a couple of slices of your favourite meat like honey or maple ham/turkey (or leftover pulled turkey or rooster!)
I believe crispy bacon would even be a scrumptious addition.
Bonus: the very best DIY sandwich bread
Feeling adventurous? Strive my home made seedy sandwich bread recipe for and additional scrumptious baking challenge! It toasts up superbly and holds up effectively to all of those wonderful toppings.
The most effective apple cheese sandwich in 4 steps
- Toast your bread. I like to recommend broiling your bread within the oven for a few minutes till it’s good and golden brown.
- Soften the cheese. Flip the bread slices over, add your cheese to 1 slice, and broil once more for 1-2 minutes till the cheese is melted.
- Assemble the sandwich. Subsequent, prime the cheese aspect with the pickled jalapeños, and add the mustard & honey to the opposite slice of bread. Then prime with the remainder of your sandwich components.
- Press, slice & devour. Fastidiously shut the sandwich and press down barely to crunch the chips. Then slice and revel in!
Extra sandwiches & wraps you’ll love
I hope you like this spicy cheddar apple sandwich! Should you make it remember to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
The Final Spicy Cheddar & Apple Fall Veggie Sandwich
The ULTIMATE spicy cheddar apple sandwich full of vivid veggies and trace of crunch from kettle potato chips. This glorious fall veggie sandwich is full of taste and a kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños. The right satisfying lunch to make through the week that is straightforward to customise along with your fav sandwich toppings!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or your favourite bread!)
- 1-2 ounces sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 10 slices pickled jalapeños
- 5-6 skinny slices of pink onion
- ¼ honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup kettle potato chips
- ¼ cup arugula
Place each slices of bread on a small baking sheet and broil on excessive within the oven for 1-2 minutes, or till flippantly browned. (Watch rigorously so it doesn’t burn!)
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and switch the sliced bread over. Cowl just one piece of bread with sliced cheddar cheese, then return the pan to the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes, or till the cheese is melted.
Take away the pan from the oven and prime the melted cheese slice with pickled jalapeños. Unfold the plain slice of bread with dijon mustard, then drizzle on honey. High with apple slices, pink onion, arugula, and kettle chips.
Fastidiously shut the sandwich and gently press down till the chips crunch. Slice in half and revel in!
See the complete submit for extra scrumptious methods to customise your sandwich!
Serving: 1sandwichEnergy: 446calCarbohydrates: 54.2gProtein: 16.1gFats: 18.4gSaturated Fats: 6.4gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 14.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats