Hello, it’s me. I made one other unbelievable, savory dip for you as a result of you’ll be able to by no means have too many, proper? Proper.
That is my excessive protein bitter cream and onion dip that simply so occurs to be made WITHOUT any bitter cream as a result of sure, we’re whipping up excessive protein cottage cheese as a substitute. It’s deliciously creamy and blended along with herbs and spices that critically make it style like a cross between do-it-yourself ranch and your favourite bag of bitter cream and onion chips.
Get able to dip crackers, veggies, and extra at your subsequent occasion, potluck, or Soccer Sunday. Plus, it makes the very best afternoon snack. Let’s get dippin’!
Dips made further scrumptious with cottage cheese
Conventional bitter cream and onion dip, also called French onion dip, is commonly made with bitter cream, mayo, mustard, sugar, and different heavy components. We’re lightening up this dip with creamy, protein-packed cottage cheese and are together with the entire needed herbs and spices to make it style like the actual deal.
I’ve been experimenting with tons of distinctive methods to make use of cottage cheese in each candy and savory recipes — the OG AK followers will acknowledge these Cottage Cheese Banana Oatmeal Protein Pancakes! This enjoyable, wholesome bitter cream and onion dip is full of over 10g of protein per serving and may have you skipping the store-bought model for good.
Substances on this excessive protein bitter cream and onion dip
This unbelievable dip couldn’t be simpler to whip up with simply 6 easy components. It really tastes like bitter cream and onion or ranch relying on how you employ it! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Cottage cheese: the bottom of this dip is made with protein-packed cottage cheese as a result of we’re obsessed (in a great way). I usually use Good Tradition or Nancy’s entire milk cottage cheese!
- Seasonings: the dip will get that savory bitter cream and onion taste from garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Freshness: you’ll additionally want recent lemon zest and a few chopped chives for the proper steadiness.
Can I take advantage of yogurt as a substitute?
Positive! Simply observe that the flavour of this dip shall be extra tart and acidic when yogurt than it’s with cottage cheese as cottage cheese may be very impartial in taste.
Our fav methods to take pleasure in it
As you’ll be able to in all probability guess, there are tons of of scrumptious methods to take pleasure in this excessive protein bitter cream and onion dip. Listed below are some concepts to get you began:
- Dip crackers, pita chips, pretzels, or freshly lower greens
- Unfold it on sandwiches, wraps, or burgers
- Use it as a dressing for salads or grain bowls (rather than store-bought ranch dressing!)
Wholesome bitter cream and onion dip in 2 steps
- Mix the dip. Add the entire components besides the chives to a high-powered blender and mix on excessive till good and clean. Scrape down the perimeters as wanted and mix once more, then stir in chives.
- Garnish & serve. Pour the dip right into a shallow bowl, high with further chives and black pepper, and serve it up!
Make this dip forward of time
Positive! Be happy to whip up this high-protein bitter cream and onion dip 1-2 days forward of time and retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Retailer any leftover bitter cream and onion dip in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. Keep in mind to combine it up a bit earlier than having fun with it from the fridge.
Extra savory dip recipes
Get all of my dip recipes right here!
I hope you like this excessive protein bitter cream and onion dip! In case you make it make sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Excessive Protein Bitter Cream & Onion Dip
Scrumptious excessive protein bitter cream and onion dip made with protein-packed cottage cheese and flavorful herbs and spices. This simple, wholesome bitter cream and onion dip is ideal for dipping pita chips, crackers, and veggies, and even utilizing as a dressing or sandwich unfold!
- 1 pint cottage cheese (I used entire milk cottage cheese)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives, divided
- Pita chips, crackers, or your favourite veggies
Add cottage cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and lemon zest to a high-powered blender. Mix on excessive for 30 seconds to 1 minute, use a blender tamper or a spatula to scrape down the perimeters and get issues shifting as needed, and mix once more till silky clean. Use a spoon to stir in 2 tablespoons chopped chives.
Pour the dip right into a serving bowl and garnish with 1 tablespoon of chopped chives and extra black pepper. Serve with chips, pita chips, crackers, or veggies.
See the total publish for suggestions, tips & methods to customise this dip.