Since launching the Younger Leaders Council in 2017, Psychological Well being America (MHA) has labored with younger leaders remodeling their communities and demanding change throughout the nation. Now, we’re increasing our initiatives to advance youth management in nationwide psychological well being coverage by way of MHA’s Youth Coverage Accelerator. Our inaugural cohort will deal with driving nationwide conversations round youth peer assist and peer providers.
Who’s it for?
This program is for younger individuals ages 18-25 with numerous identities and experiences, who’re enthusiastic about peer assist and are fascinated about increasing their community and abilities in psychological well being coverage. To kind our first cohort, we’ll establish 10 leaders who’ve demonstrated management on the native, state, or nationwide ranges.
On this eight-week paid digital coaching, members will be taught from and construct relationships with leaders within the area, develop their private strengths in coverage advocacy, co-create surveys and authentic analysis, and develop suggestions and a marketing campaign to advance youth and younger grownup peer assist.
Members ought to anticipate dedicating two-four hours to this system per week all through the period of the periods.
When and the place is it taking place?
The 90-minute periods shall be held by way of Zoom weekly on Saturdays from 1-2:30 p.m. ET/10-11:30 a.m. PT from Oct. 7 to Dec. 2, 2023.
Why ought to I be part of?
It’s best to apply if you wish to guarantee all younger individuals have entry to look assist whereas rising your community and studying coverage advocacy abilities.
As a YPA member, you’ll:
- Share your perspective to co-create a youth-driven agenda for peer assist,
- Develop your skilled community,
- Join with and be taught from nationwide leaders, together with different younger individuals,
- Achieve invaluable expertise engaged on psychological well being coverage, analysis, and communications,
- Obtain a $1,000 stipend,
- Create a national-level marketing campaign to share the cohort’s suggestions, and
- Be a part of MHA’s Increasing Impression Community of greater than 100 excellent graduates of MHA’s youth leaders applications for ongoing coaching and assist.
How do I apply?
Study extra and apply at mhanational.org/ypc. Functions are due Friday, Sept. 15, 2023.
For questions or assist finishing the applying, contact Jackie Menjivar, MHA’s supervisor of peer and youth Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.