This selfmade garlic yogurt sauce is creamy, tangy, and SO simple to make! Stir it collectively in minutes to jazz up wraps, roasted greens, and extra.
This garlic yogurt sauce is the only sauce you’ll ever make. In actual fact, it’s so easy that I questioned if I ought to even share it. Does a 5-ingredient, 5-minute recipe actually deserve its personal weblog put up?
However right here’s the factor: I’ve been making this garlic yogurt sauce for years. It’s the right “emergency sauce.” While you’re placing collectively a meal—tacos, wraps, quinoa bowls—and also you understand you want one thing creamy and tangy to drizzle on prime, this garlic yogurt sauce is there for you. You all the time have the substances in your pantry. You can also make it in minutes (no meals processor or blender required!).
So I hope you get pleasure from this recipe—a creamy sauce which you can stir collectively in a snap. It’s tremendous easy, and that’s factor.
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Recipe Substances
You want 5 substances to make this recipe:
- Plain Greek yogurt – Full-fat yogurt offers this recipe the most effective creamy texture and richest taste. I like to recommend utilizing it, however be at liberty to sub nonfat or low-fat Greek plain yogurt in case you desire!
- Further-virgin olive oil – It thins the yogurt and provides fruity depth of taste.
- Contemporary lemon juice – It makes the sauce shiny and tangy.
- Garlic – It provides savory chunk.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Add these substances to a medium bowl, and stir to mix. I usually add 1 tablespoon water to skinny the sauce barely, however you could want so as to add extra (or none in any respect) relying on the consistency of your yogurt. Season to style, and revel in!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
- Add recent herbs. Stir 2 tablespoons of chopped leafy herbs into this sauce for a refreshing kick. Contemporary dill, cilantro, parsley, basil, and mint would all be beautiful right here.
- Use roasted garlic. For a mellower garlic taste, swap out the recent garlic for mashed roasted garlic. Begin with 1 clove and add extra to style!
- Give it a stronger garlic taste by including 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Change the citrus. Use lime juice as a substitute of lemon for a special taste profile. I like this variation on tacos. For those who like, add a little bit lime zest for a stronger lime taste.
Methods to Use Garlic Yogurt Sauce
This garlic yogurt sauce goes effectively on virtually any dish! It pairs particularly properly with Center Japanese-inspired fare like this falafel or these chickpea shawarma wraps, because it’s paying homage to most of the yogurt sauces in that delicacies.
Listed below are just a few different methods to make use of it:
Retailer leftover sauce in an hermetic container within the fridge. It retains effectively for as much as 5 days. I wish to make it on the weekend in order that I’ve it available to jazz up meals all week!
Extra Favourite Sauce Recipes
For those who love this yogurt garlic sauce, attempt certainly one of these simple sauce recipes subsequent:
Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
Stir within the water. If the sauce is simply too thick, add extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to skinny it to your required consistency. Season to style.
Retailer the sauce for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge.