Who’s prepared for an epic, fall-inspired baked oatmeal recipe? You? Good, me too.
I’m nonetheless not over zucchini season and this recipe is the proper transition from summer time into fall. A few years again I shared this totally unbelievable Spiced Apple Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze and everybody fell in LOVE, together with my workforce and household.
SO final 12 months I made a decision to make a twist on that scrumptious bread with this glorious spiced apple zucchini baked oatmeal. It’s full of cozy spices like cinnamon and allspice (my fav), has some enjoyable elective mix-ins like raisins and nuts, and is drizzled with a stunning, gentle cinnamon vanilla glaze. Life’s too brief to not glaze your baked oatmeal.
Bonus factors: this zucchini apple baked oatmeal can simply be was on-the-go oatmeal cups and is freezer-friendly! AKA the perfect meal prep breakfast for transitioning you from summer time into fall. I do know we’re not fairly prepared for pumpkin season, so begin with this stunning seasonal breakfast and we’ll speak fall in a number of weeks.
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-E book
Enroll beneath and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
All the things you’ll have to make this apple zucchini baked oatmeal
This simple zucchini apple baked oatmeal is of course sweetened and made with loads of warming spices that you just’re going to like. Right here’s all the things you’ll have to make it:
- Zucchini: sure, we’re including that lovely veggie, and no, you received’t have the ability to style it! Shredded zucchini provides the baked oatmeal moisture and that zucchini bread taste.
- For additional moisture: we’re including applesauce (I like cinnamon applesauce!) which additionally provides it a stunning apple taste, plus somewhat almond milk and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs to assist the baked oatmeal bake up correctly.
- Maple syrup: this baked oatmeal is of course sweetened with somewhat pure maple syrup.
- Oats: quaint rolled oats are what make this a baked oatmeal.
- Spices: get the final word cozy flavors from a mixture of cinnamon, allspice, ginger & nutmeg.
- Apple: you’ll combine diced honeycrisp apple proper into the batter, and be happy so as to add extra slices on high!
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine-ins: I additionally love folding in raisins and chopped pecans or walnuts, however these are elective.
- For the glaze: oh you realize we love a glaze. This one is made with vanilla yogurt, powdered sugar, somewhat almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Customise your zucchini apple baked oatmeal
I at all times suggest sticking with the recipes as finest as attainable (particularly for baking) however there are a number of simple methods to customise this baked oatmeal that I can suggest:
- To maintain gluten free: merely use gluten free rolled oats.
- To maintain dairy free: use melted, cooled coconut oil within the batter as a substitute of butter, and use a dairy free yogurt within the glaze.
- To maintain nut free: use a daily, nut free milk and easily go away the elective nuts out of the batter.
- For the milk: I used unsweetened almond milk to maintain the baked oatmeal dairy free, however be happy to make use of any milk you’d like.
- For the powdered sugar: be happy to swap for 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
- For the glaze: that is elective! You possibly can additionally drizzle your baked oatmeal slice with extra maple syrup — it can nonetheless be superb.
Can I take advantage of different oats?
I’d not suggest utilizing metal reduce oats as a result of the feel on this zucchini apple baked oatmeal is not going to be the identical. Be at liberty to make use of fast oats when you have them available, however I’d suggest including a bit greater than the recipe requires.
Can I make it vegan?
I haven’t examined this recipe utilizing flax eggs, however let me know should you do within the feedback! Then be sure you comply with the substitutions above for holding the baked oatmeal dairy free. Learn to make flax eggs right here!
Tips on how to make apple zucchini oatmeal cups
I like making this baked oatmeal into oatmeal cups for the proper on-the-go breakfast that’s simple to pack! To take action:
- Prep your pan. Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the zucchini apple oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — it’s best to get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and revel in!
Retailer it for later
Make certain the zucchini apple oatmeal bake has cooled utterly, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’s going to keep good coated within the fridge for 4-5 days. You may as well retailer particular person slices in hermetic containers for ease, and easily reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Tips on how to freeze this apple zucchini baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the baked oatmeal has utterly cooled, reduce it into 6 or 8 squares and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You may as well freeze your entire baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it properly and inserting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whenever you’re able to eat it, place an unwrapped frozen sq. of apple zucchini baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat your entire baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s coated with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
I hope you like this apple zucchini baked oatmeal recipe! Should you make it be sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Spiced Zucchini Apple Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
Fantastic apple zucchini baked oatmeal full of cozy spices and drizzled with a lightweight cinnamon vanilla glaze. This protein-packed zucchini apple baked oatmeal is freezer-friendly and the proper breakfast for transitioning from summer time to fall! Add nuts and raisins for the final word breakfast deal with.
- Moist substances:
- 1 medium zucchini*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (i like utilizing cinnamon applesauce!)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or melted and cooled coconut oil
- Dry substances:
- 2 cups quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely diced honeycrisp apples (from 1 medium honeycrisp apple, diced)
- Non-obligatory: 1/4 cup raisins
- Non-obligatory: 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- For the cinnamon vanilla glaze:
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (or sub dairy free yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (or you may sub 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey)
- 1-2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk, to skinny
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For topping:
- Non-obligatory: Thinly sliced apples
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Spray a 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
*First, measure out 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini out of your medium zucchini, then place shredded zucchini in a paper towel or cheese fabric and squeeze out all the moisture/water. This is essential!
In a medium bowl, combine collectively the shredded zucchini, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted and cooled butter or coconut oil till properly mixed.
Subsequent stir in dry substances: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt; stir properly to mix. Fold in diced apples, raisins and pecans/walnuts.
Unfold out oatmeal in a ready pan. Add thinly sliced apples on high should you’d like. Bake for 35-40 minutes till edges are barely golden and middle is ready.
In a small bowl, combine collectively the greek yogurt, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon; combine to mix. Add extra milk if needed so you may drizzle on high of the oatmeal. Serves 6-8. Get pleasure from!
See the complete publish for methods to customise your baked oatmeal, how you can flip it into oatmeal cups, plus storing & freezing directions.
Serving: 1slice (primarily based on 6, with out nuts & raisins)Energy: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 41.7gProtein: 7.3gFats: 8.1gSaturated Fats: 3.3gFiber: 4.6gSugar: 16.2g