We’re dropping this random pop-in episode to share some of the embarrassing tales Sherry has ever advised on this podcast. In fact it needed to occur within the nicest home we’ve ever been in (in entrance of one among Sherry’s private heroes). We’re additionally itemizing what’s left on our to-do checklist, and answering the much-asked query: what’s your subsequent huge venture? Plus, we break down what feels completely different to us about this home in comparison with our final one (and the numerous impressions you may get about us should you walked in with out us being there). Lastly, we every share some current home-related purchases and the books & television exhibits which can be conserving us laughing (or biting our nails, however in a great way).
- We talked about 3 “huge” initiatives that had been on our checklist in our final podcast episode from 20 months in the past, so listed below are the weblog posts the place you’ll be able to see how all of them turned out (or, within the case of the toilet, why we ditched the concept):
- Whereas we work on writing a submit about updating the cupboards in our utility closet, right here’s the place you’ll be able to see the unique utility closet makeover with the dice organizer (we lived with the area like that for a couple of yr to essentially check it out, which will be so useful).
- And right here’s our “podcasting cocoon” for recording this episode. I swear there’s a microphone behind these pillows, which we stacked to assist enhance the sound (the blanket on the desk and the closed curtains assist too).
Properly That’s Embarrassing
- Our friendship with Vern Yip began when he known as into our podcast again in 2016 (Episode #15) and we lastly met in 2017 at his e-book signing for Design Clever.
- We slowly grew to become Instagram mates through the years, and since he has a home a number of cities over from ours, we now attempt to meet up at any time when he’s on the town. Look how star struck Penny is:
- If you wish to see pictures of his stunning seashore home, it’s featured in his e-book Trip At Dwelling and there are a number of photographs in this on-line HGTV function.
- However we all know you actually got here to see the “reenactment” photograph Sherry took after her ordeal (be aware the very seen hinges of the open door).
- Oh, and we couldn’t handle to search out the episode with Sherry’s story about Kevin Bacon, however fortunately you bought the gist of it from this episode. Be happy to DM Sherry should you’re listening to outdated eps and are available throughout it so we are able to hyperlink it right here.
Which Home Feels The Most Like “Us”?
- Like we mentioned within the episode, it’s laborious to elucidate or illustrate such a subjective feeling, however perhaps the pictures under assist to seize it? It is a image of our final home’s ensuite rest room (one among 3 loos in the home) with a photograph of our present shared (solely) rest room under it:
- And perhaps once you evaluate the outside of our present dwelling to our final dwelling, you’ll see what we imply by one feeling extra quirky & informal, whereas our final home feels extra stately and conventional.
- Sherry additionally talked about the distinction between our two kitchens – one with a large 10′ island with customized further thick quartz, and the opposite with an off-the-cuff eating desk in the midst of the a lot smaller room.
- Maybe one other good comparability is what somebody may suppose standing in our final home’s walk-in closet, versus seeing our present bed room closet setup (second photograph), which is Ikea wardrobes positioned alongside a wall of our bed room.
- Once more, nothing is an ideal illustration of how the distinction feels *in individual to us* (and it’s all so subjective anyway), however hopefully these pictures assist as an example that amorphous thought we had been making an attempt to precise.
- Listed below are hyperlinks to all the books we talked about, together with the 2 that Sherry has gushed so much about already on Instagram this yr:
- We additionally talked about numerous exhibits, so under are the place yow will discover them and a hyperlink to their trailers on YouTube in case you desire a teaser (language warning, btw)
- As for dwelling stuff, listed below are the acrylic purse dividers Sherry bought for her closet to assist maintain a few of her smaller purses, wallets, and clutches higher organized. They’re bought in a 2-pack and that is simply 1 pictured under.
- That is the nail polish caddy that has helped Sherry arrange all of her nail stuff, whereas additionally making the colours so much simpler to see.
- And, lastly, right here’s a photograph of the refurbished Amazon Echo Present 5 that I bought for our kitchen. We bought ours for about $40 throughout a sale, however generally the new variations are cheaper than the refurbished ones – so make sure you verify earlier than ordering.
- You’ll be able to see the tropical plant graphic that received Sherry’s coronary heart under. It’s simply one of many customary clockfaces that Amazon gives, so we didn’t do actually do something particular to get that photograph on there.
- We’ve additionally bought two weblog submit about how we use sensible tech in our dwelling, should you’re curious:
Should you’re searching for one thing we’ve dug in a previous episode, however don’t keep in mind which present notes to click on into, right here’s a grasp checklist of all the pieces we’ve been digging from all of our previous episodes. It’s also possible to see all of the books we’ve really useful on our Ebook Membership web page.
And lastly, an enormous thanks to ShopTherapedic (previously Agility Mattress) for sponsoring this episode. Now you’ll be able to snag their Labor Day deal of 20% off any mattress + 2 free temperature-regulating pillows at ShopTherapedic.com. Or, after September 10, 2023, get $300 off any mattress utilizing YHL code at checkout. Plus, discover a retailer close to you to take a look at their new Immunity mattress in individual.
Thanks for listening!
*This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks, so we could earn a small fee once you make a purchase order by hyperlinks on our web site at no further price to you.