Overlook the store-bought stuff! This gradual cooker pumpkin puree is means higher. With only one ingredient and about 2 minutes of prep time, you’ll be in your solution to the smoothest, tastiest pumpkin puree ever.
I do know. I do know. It’s tremendous straightforward to run to the shop and seize a can of pumpkin puree. However making your personal is so significantly better. It’s tastier, cheaper, and far more satisfying. This recipe actually solely takes 2 minutes of prep time, and all you’ll want is a few sugar pumpkins. It’s the right puree to make use of in your subsequent pie, stew, or fast bread.
Why I Love This Gradual Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- One ingredient. Yep, all you want is a pumpkin.
- Pockets-friendly. Not solely is selfmade pumpkin puree tastier, nevertheless it’s additionally simpler in your pocketbook.
- Versatile. Candy or savory, there are such a lot of methods to make use of this pumpkin puree. Make it the star of your subsequent pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin stew, and many others.
What You’ll Want
- Pumpkins – I used sugar pumpkins, however you possibly can use other forms as effectively.
What Pumpkins Are Greatest For Pumpkin Puree?
Sugar pumpkins (or pie pumpkins) are the very best right here. They’ve higher taste and texture than different varieties. You may use one thing else if you happen to’d like, although. I’ve tried heirloom pumpkins and winter squash they usually each prove splendidly. My solely tip is to avoid the large ol’ carving pumpkins. They’re too watery and fibrous and don’t have as a lot taste.
The best way to Make Pumpkin Puree within the Gradual Cooker
Right here’s a fast take a look at how one can make pumpkin puree within the gradual cooker. For extra thorough directions, scroll to the recipe card beneath.
- Load the gradual cooker. Place a liner within the gradual cooker and organize the pumpkin wedges within the basin.
- Prepare dinner. Cowl and prepare dinner on low for 4 to six hours.
- Puree. Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and puree till easy, utilizing a blender or a meals processor.
Ideas For Success
- Choose the proper pumpkin. Sugar pumpkins are finest however you’ve obtained different choices. Simply don’t use a carving pumpkin.
- Use a gradual cooker liner. Whereas you are able to do with out, utilizing a liner will make clean-up a lot simpler.
- Measurement issues. You should definitely slice your pumpkins into equal-sized wedges. If they’re uneven, they gained’t all be executed cooking on the similar time.
- Low and gradual. Don’t be tempted to show the gradual cooker as much as excessive warmth to get the job executed quicker. You simply gained’t get the identical end result.
- Really feel it out. I prescribe 4-6 hours within the gradual cooker. Verify your pumpkin at 4 hours. If it’s not extraordinarily straightforward to pierce with a fork, let it go for an additional hour or two. It might take kind of time relying on the scale of the pumpkin wedges.
Methods to Use Pumpkin Puree
This pumpkin puree is flexible and you should utilize it in candy and/or savory recipes. I like utilizing it instead of store-bought puree to make pies, muffins, and fast breads, nevertheless it’s additionally nice to include into soups and stews and even pasta sauces.
As soon as the pumpkin puree has cooled utterly, seal it in an hermetic container, ziplock freezer luggage, or wide-mouth canned jars. It’s going to preserve within the fridge for as much as 10 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. For those who do select to freeze it, I like to recommend thawing it in a colander earlier than utilizing it. This can enable any extra water to empty out.
Extra Pumpkin Recipes
Cowl the gradual cooker with a liner.
Scoop out the seeds and organize the pumpkin wedges contained in the gradual cooker.
Cowl with the lid and prepare dinner on Low for 4 to six hours or till the flesh of the pumpkin may be very tender.
Scoop the flesh off the pores and skin and switch the flesh to a meals processor or blender. Discard the skins.
Mix the pumpkin till easy or to a desired consistency.
Spoon the pureed pumpkin into Ziploc freezer luggage or wide-mouth canning jars.
Pumpkin puree may be frozen for 3 months or refrigerated for 8 to 10 days.
Serving: 1 cup | Energy: 83 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 3 g | Fats: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 0.4 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.04 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.1 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Potassium: 505 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 38129 IU | Vitamin C: 10 mg | Calcium: 64 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate based on the components and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.