For those who couldn’t inform, I’m on a little bit of a curry kick proper now. I imply, what’s to not love?! Tender veggies simmered away in a creamy coconut milk broth full of warming spices — curry is simply a type of excellent meals for fall and winter.
To be fairly trustworthy I’ve had a model of this recipe in my archives for some time now, so I’m actually excited to be sharing it with you all now! Meet my vegan butternut squash curry with cauliflower and chickpeas!
She’s a beautiful golden bowl of goodness (say that 5 occasions quick) that can heat your property very quickly. Significantly, this unbelievable curry takes nearly half-hour to make proper in a single pot, is nice for meal prep, and is even freezer-friendly! Serve it up along with your fav sides and prepare for a nourishing week.
Elements on this butternut squash curry
Get able to fall in LOVE with the entire flavors and veggies on this vegan butternut squash curry recipe. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Greens: we’re loading this yellow curry up with an onion, carrot, contemporary butternut squash, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Herbs & spices: get all of these great flavors from garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Coconut milk: the curry is simmered in a can of full-fat coconut milk for all that creamy goodness.
- Broth: you’ll additionally want vegetable broth (or hen broth, if not vegan/vegetarian) to simmer the entire components.
- Peanut butter: I really like so as to add just a little pure creamy peanut butter for a deep umami taste.
- Soy sauce: for added savoriness, we’re including a pair tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce. You may also use coconut aminos.
- Chickpeas: every serving packs 13g of plant-based protein from chickpeas!
- To garnish: I prefer to prime my bowl with contemporary cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Discover ways to peel and minimize a butternut squash
We’re including contemporary cubed butternut squash to this curry recipe, so remember to head to this submit to be taught the best, most secure strategy to peel and minimize your squash!
No squash? No drawback.
The butternut squash can simply be swapped for contemporary cubed pumpkin or candy potato.
Select your protein
Be at liberty so as to add or swap the chickpeas for cubed tofu, diced or shredded hen, and even shrimp!
Simple butternut squash curry made in a single pot
- Prepare dinner the veggies. Begin by cooking down the onion, carrot, cauliflower, and butternut squash in just a little coconut oil till they start to melt. Stir within the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer the curry. Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Carry every thing to a simmer for a couple of minutes, then stir within the chickpeas and simmer for 10 extra minutes.
- Add spinach, serve & devour. Proper earlier than you’re able to serve, stir within the spinach and cook dinner till it wilts, style and regulate any seasonings, then serve it up. High your bowl with cilantro and chopped peanuts should you’d like!
Our favourite methods to serve this butternut squash curry
This attractive curry is scrumptious as is, however I really like serving it with one in every of these sides:
Find out how to retailer & freeze butternut squash curry
- Within the fridge: retailer this yellow butternut squash curry within the fridge for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container.
- Within the freezer: Make sure to not overcook the greens. Let the curry cool utterly earlier than transferring it to a freezer-safe reusable bag or hermetic glass container. Freeze for as much as 2 months. To reheat it, merely thaw the curry within the fridge. Whereas the curry is thawing, be happy to make rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa to serve with it. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave for two minutes till heated by means of.
Extra vegan meals you’ll love
Get all of my vegan dinners right here!
I hope you like this one pot butternut squash curry recipe! For those who make it remember to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
One Pot Butternut Squash Yellow Curry
Nourishing one pot butternut squash curry full of warming flavors from ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and creamy coconut milk. This veggie-packed butternut squash curry is the proper vegan dinner with loads of protein from chickpeas. Get pleasure from it by itself or with rice or naan!
- For the curry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 giant carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed contemporary butternut squash
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head cauliflower)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon floor turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus extra should you prefer it just a little spicy
- 1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 2 tablespoons pure creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos, to style
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 cups contemporary spinach, chopped
- To garnish:
- Chopped peanuts
Add coconut oil to a big deep skillet, pot or dutch oven and place over medium warmth. As soon as coconut oil is melted, add within the onion, carrot, cauliflower florets, and butternut squash and saute, stirring sometimes, till cauliflower and butternut squash start to melt, this could take 5 to 10 minutes. Subsequent, stir within the garlic and ginger, curry powder turmeric and cayenne and cook dinner, stirring steadily, for 1 minute to launch flavors.
Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce (or coconut aminos) salt and pepper; stir effectively to mix. Carry to a delicate simmer and proceed to cook dinner 5 minutes extra, then stir in chickpeas and simmer over medium-low warmth for 10 extra minutes.
Earlier than serving, stir in spinach and cook dinner for two minutes or till spinach wilts, then style, and regulate seasonings, including extra salt and pepper, if essential.
Ladle into bowls or divide into meal prep containers with rice. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
See the complete submit with suggestions, tips, and our favourite methods to serve this curry!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 469calCarbohydrates: 38.6gProtein: 13.6gFats: 32.8gSaturated Fats: 23.8gFiber: 11.2gSugar: 5.2g