For those who’re in search of a scrumptious, wholesome, and in the end simple plant-based (vegan) vegetable stir fry recipe, that is the dish for you! This Snow Peas and Seitan Vegetable Stir Fry served with brown rice calls upon seitan protein—a conventional wheat-based plant protein hailing from Asia—to supply a savory, protein-rich contact, together with the colour and crunch of snow peas, carrots, and bell peppers. This easy, yummy stir fry recipe is a one-dish meal you will get on the desk in half-hour, offering good sources of protein, slow-digesting carbs, and veggies multi function pan to serve over cooked brown rice. Attempt buying and selling out your favourite vegetable (cabbage, zucchini, bok choy) for the snow peas for a straightforward twist, when you like. And you should utilize frozen stir fry greens instead of contemporary to make it price range pleasant, fast and straightforward, too.
Simply put together brown rice (make it prematurely to save lots of time). Then stir-fry the veggies, and seitan with a flavorful sesame, ginger, garlic soy sauce to create a beautiful, hearty entrée to ladle over the rice. Save time by prepping the remainder of your meal throughout the stir-fry course of. You will get this entire dish on the desk in half-hour when you precook your rice! Learn to make seitan from scratch right here.
This Snow Peas and Seitan Vegetable Stir Fry with brown rice calls upon seitan to supply a savory, protein-rich contact, together with the crunch of snow peas, carrots, and peppers. This simple vegan recipe is a one-dish meal, offering sources of protein, slow-digesting carbs, and veggies multi function pan.
Watch me make this recipe on Instagram right here.
This easy, yummy Snow Peas and Seitan Vegetable Stir Fry is a one-dish meal you will get on the desk in half-hour.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons minced contemporary ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon pink chili pepper flakes
- 1 medium bell pepper, coarsely sliced (pink, inexperienced, or yellow)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 9 ounces snow peas, lower in half
- 8 ounces seasoned seitan, chopped
- 3 tablespoons decreased sodium soy sauce, gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar (elective)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 inexperienced onions, white and inexperienced elements, sliced
- Cook dinner the rice in accordance with package deal instructions, put aside.
- In the meantime, warmth the sesame oil in a big sauté pan or wok over medium warmth.
- Add the carrot and onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the water, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and pink chili pepper flakes and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, snow peas, and seitan, and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, agave, broth, and cornstarch in a dish till clean. Add to the pan with the greens and proceed to sauté for about 3 minutes, till the sauce has thickened and the greens are crisp-tender.
- Serve ½ cup brown rice topped with 1 cup of stir-fry. Garnish with inexperienced onions.
- Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup brown rice with 1 cup stir-fry every).
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute tofu for seitan.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Dimension: 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup stir-fry
- Energy: 222
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 342 mg
- Fats: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fats: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 12 g
Key phrases: vegan stir fry, wholesome vegan stir fry, finest vegan stir fry
I really like to make use of my On the spot Pot to make brown rice for this recipe—get your personal right here.
For extra favourite one-dish meal recipes, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Thai Tempeh Noodle Skillet
Nourish Lentil Bowl
Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens
Rustic Vegan Corn Potato Sausage Skillet
Pistachio Turmeric Rice Energy Bowl
BEST One-Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese
Mediterranean Bowl with Edamame and Quinoa
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.