Make zucchini goat cheese pizza with juicy tomatoes, backyard zucchini, crimson onions, and melty, tangy goat cheese baked on a gentle home made crust. It’s a simple vegetarian pizza recipe that’s excellent for summer time!
Simple Goat Cheese Pizza With Zucchini
When you’re fortunate sufficient to have a backyard bursting with zucchini this season, this Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza is one of the simplest ways to make use of them up! It begins with the best home made pizza dough you’ll ever make. The bottom then will get layered with juicy ripe tomatoes, recent backyard zucchini, and crimson onions, all sprinkled with tangy goat cheese that turns into pockets of melty goodness within the oven. This vegetarian pizza recipe is recent, wholesome, satisfying, and excellent for summertime.
Why You’ll Love This Goat Cheese Pizza
- Contemporary toppings. If summer time had been a pizza, it will be this pizza. Contemporary zucchini, brilliant, juicy tomatoes, crispy onions, and goat cheese mix into one thing really scrumptious.
- Fast pizza crust. My favourite home made pizza dough takes minutes to make, with no yeast and 0 resting time. You’ll wish to save the recipe for all of your future pizzas!
- Customizable. Pizzas are made for customizing. Change up the toppings and crust in your vegetarian zucchini pizza any manner that you simply’d like.
- Household-friendly. This pizza is a complete crowd-pleaser. Nobody can resist the tangy, creamy, zesty flavors, not even a toddler! Your family and friends are positive to like it, too.
What You’ll Want For Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Dough: I take advantage of a variation of my no-yeast pizza dough created from flour, baking soda, salt, and butter. It’s also possible to make this recipe with a keto pizza crust, your favourite store-bought pizza crust, or perhaps a flatbread pizza crust. Completely as much as you.
- Toppings: There are such a lot of toppings you can add to a goat cheese pizza. We love the easy combo of zucchini, onion, and tomatoes. See the part under for particulars.
Components For Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza?
- Olive Oil and Garlic: As a result of EVOO and freshly minced garlic go on every thing, amiright?
- Onion: I just like the delicate, candy taste of crimson onion on this pizza, however you should use any onion you’ve available.
- Zucchini: You’ll want 2 medium-sized complete zucchini, sliced skinny.
- Salt & Pepper
- Pizza Sauce: Use your favourite jarred pizza sauce from the shop or home made sauce.
- Canned Tomatoes: Sprinkle on some stewed diced tomatoes for extra taste and sweetness.
- Goat Cheese: I don’t learn about you, however I at all times have goat cheese within the fridge to make use of in every thing from stuffed hen to salads. Additionally known as chevre, it’s normally bought crumbled or in “logs” on the grocery retailer. Goat cheese has a pointy, tangy, salty taste, although it’s not the identical as feta.
Find out how to Make Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza
The distinction between a superb pizza and a nice pizza comes right down to nice elements and a extremely nice crust. Right here, I’ll stroll you thru tips on how to obtain each of those! This pizza comes collectively in underneath one hour.
Make the Pizza Dough
First, you’ll make a fast home made pizza dough (you’ll find the total recipe within the recipe card). The crust seems thick and gentle and tastes a bit like a biscuit. And the very best half? You may make this pizza dough in your meals processor in underneath 5 minutes:
- Mix the dry elements. Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the meals processor and pulse a few instances.
- Add butter and milk. Toss in cubed butter and mix till you attain a crumbly combination. After, stream in milk a bit at a time, simply sufficient to type the dough. It needs to be gentle however not too sticky.
- Knead and form the dough. Subsequent, flip the dough out on a floured floor and knead it for a minute or so. Roll or press out the dough into a ten” spherical, and switch the crust to a greased baking sheet. You’re able to assemble your pizza!
Assemble and Bake the Pizza
With the crust able to go, let’s assemble this goat cheese pizza:
- Saute the veggies. Pre-cooking the veggie toppings ensures that they end up wealthy and caramelized within the oven. Add garlic, onion, and zucchini slices to a pan with olive oil. Season calmly after which saute the greens till softened.
- Assemble the pizza. Begin by spreading pizza sauce in a fair layer over the ready crust. High this along with your drained canned tomatoes. Add the sauteed zucchini, onions, and garlic, and at last, sprinkle over crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake. Bake the pizza within the preheated oven at 425ºF for 20-25 minutes, till the crust is golden. Take it out, slice, and serve.
What Temperature Do You Bake a Home made Pizza?
The key to completely home-baked pizza is a sizzling oven, so get yours preheating to 425ºF. The excessive warmth is required to bake the dough shortly with out overcooking or burning the toppings. When you occur to have a pizza oven or a pizza stone, go forward and use it following the producer’s instructions.
Ideas for Success
- Use a good-quality pizza dough. Retailer-bought pizza dough is at all times handy, however I’m a sucker for home made. It takes a bit further effort however the taste and texture are simply the very best. In fact, it’s your pizza, so use what you want.
- If the dough is a bit sticky, rub your palms with a bit olive oil when rolling out the pizza crust.
- Attempt to not overbake the pizza. Take your pizza out of the oven when the crust is golden brown. Overbaking can dry out the toppings and result in a tricky, crunchy crust.
Goat Cheese Pizza Variations
I like the simplicity of a red-sauce pizza, however there are many methods you can adapt this goat cheese pizza in the case of toppings. Listed here are some variations to attempt:
- Grill it. Observe the instructions in my grilled pizza recipe to prepare dinner this goat cheese pizza on the grill. It’s severely the very best in the summertime!
- Extra toppings. Different toppings that pair properly with goat cheese are spinach, avocado, bell peppers, roasted butternut squash, candy corn, and even recent figs.
- Protein. By itself, this zucchini goat cheese pizza is a good vegetarian dinner. When you’d like so as to add meat or protein, good choices are prosciutto, pepperoni, or sausage. You may additionally like this bacon, goat cheese, and tomato pizza.
- White pizza. Skip the tomato base and unfold gentle goat cheese over the pizza as an alternative. Then high with the remainder of the elements and bake as directed.
- Totally different cheese. If goat cheese isn’t your factor, you possibly can substitute it with feta cheese, mozzarella, or ricotta.
- Herbs and greens. Sprinkle the highest of your pizza with recent chopped basil or arugula.
What to Serve With Goat Cheese Pizza
This recent goat cheese pizza is a meal by itself, or you possibly can get pleasure from it with some simple sides. Listed here are a few of our favourite concepts to serve with a hot-from-the-oven pizza:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge. Retailer any leftover goat cheese pizza hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days. If it is advisable stack the slices, place a chunk of parchment paper between layers. Leftover slices are scrumptious chilly, however you possibly can heat them up within the oven or within the microwave.
- Freezer. As soon as your pizza is cooled fully, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, adopted by a second layer of foil. Freeze it for two to three months and defrost the pizza within the fridge earlier than reheating. Notice that the feel of the veggies could change a bit after they’ve been frozen.
Extra Home made Pizza Recipes
For the Pizza Dough
Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a meals processor and pulse 3 instances (see recipe notes under should you’re making your dough by hand).
Add butter and run the meals processor till the combination resembles breadcrumbs. Steadily add within the milk, simply sufficient to type a gentle dough. You might want to make use of much less or barely greater than a 1/2 cup.
Calmly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray; put aside.
Flour your work space and knead the dough for one minute. Roll it out and type a 10-inch spherical. Place the dough on the baking sheet and put aside.
For the Pizza
Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
Warmth olive oil in a pan and add garlic, onion, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes, or till softened, stirring often, after which take away from warmth.
To assemble the pizza, unfold the pizza sauce onto the dough. Add drained diced tomatoes. High with the zucchini combination, then sprinkle the goat cheese over the zucchini.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or till the pizza dough is golden brown.
Take away from oven and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
- Dough: Home made dough affords superior style and texture, however you can even use store-bought pizza dough.
- If the dough is sticky, use a little bit of olive oil in your palms whereas dealing with it.
- Don’t overbake; goal for a golden crust to protect toppings and texture.
- Toppings to attempt: Spinach, bell peppers, roasted squash, corn, or recent figs.
- Add meat like prosciutto, pepperoni, or sausage for further protein.
- For a white pizza variation, use gentle goat cheese as the bottom.
- Swap goat cheese with feta, mozzarella, or ricotta if most well-liked.
- End with recent basil or arugula for an natural contact.
- When you don’t have a meals processor, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Rub within the butter along with your palms till the combination resembles a rough meal, then progressively add the milk as directed, mixing to type a gentle dough.
Energy: 292 kcal | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Protein: 10 g | Fats: 16 g | Saturated Fats: 9 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6 g | Trans Fats: 0.2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 30 mg | Sodium: 269 mg | Potassium: 302 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 618 IU | Vitamin C: 7 mg | Calcium: 118 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 26 g
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in response to the elements and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.